Tinder as a dating app might not have a certain button to immediately find someone you unmatched but there are other methods to do it.
You should start by using the simplest way: Google Search.
If you remember their name and other details, you can search them on Google and find their profile just like that!
On the other hand, third-party apps will make the best of it to find you them just if you remember at least any type of detail regarding them.
As I always say no crying or fussing as long as we’re here; everything in the dating world has a solution.
So here are 5 ways to find someone you unmatched on Tinder:
1. To find someone you unmatched on Tinder you can use search engines.
The first step you need to take if you want to find someone you unmatched on Tinder is to use search engines.
In this case, you can use Google or Binge because different search engines will give you different results.
- Start by going to Google.com;
- Let’s say their name is John. Now you have to type site:tinder.com john on the search bar;
All you need to do is type the dating site and their name right after;
- Or, you can write tinder.com/@theirusername and just enter.
Using this method, most of the time you might receive good results, and match with them.
Yet, if they have blocked you or hidden their profile from you then it might be harder for you to find your match.
2. To find an unmatched Tinder member, you can delete and reactivate your account.
Tinder has a button called Rewind that helps you to recover your recent left swipe but doesn’t have a certain button to recover the ones you unmatched.
The same strategy is applied by other dating apps such as Bumble.
You can also reverse your swipe left on Bumble only if you use Bumble Premium or Boost by clicking on the X icon.
Now, you need to find another alternative to find someone you unmatched on Tinder by creating a new account.
Remember that you cannot recover a deleted account and all starts from the beginning.
- Sign up on Tinder;
- Make sure that you create an interesting bio and you put interesting photos. Yet, leave some old information so that the match can know that is you.
- Then set the filters just the same as before (the location and your preferences) and keep swiping.
Research done by Mackee (2016) shows that the algorithm of Tinder is based mostly on mutual activities.
Also, if they set the same filters as you, you might end up matching up again!
3. To find someone you unmatched, you can use different third-party apps.
Another very useful way to find someone who unmatched you on Tinder or vice versa is Social Catfish or SwindlerBuster.
You can use different third-party apps the moment that you remember just a few details from their profile or life if you have talked with them for a short time.
- Thus, you can go to Social Catfish and write their name or surname, their address, or even search their reverse image and just click search.
- You will get information within a few minutes. To use Social Catfish you need to pay $5.73 for five days.
- If you want to use SwindlerBuster, you need to search for their profile while adding their name, surname, address, or just their number and click on Search Tinder.
The perks of using third-party apps are that you will get to learn their username (if you don’t remember it) and you’ll find their other social media.
4. Find someone you unmatched by searching their photos.
To find someone you accidentally unmatched on Tinder, you can search their profile picture too.
Also, if they have sent you any particular picture, you can search for that too.
Despite Social Catfish, you can use for free Google Lens where you can search their image and check if that directs you to their Tinder profile.
- To find a profile you unmatched, select their photo (if you have saved any) and go to Google.com.
- Then on the search bar, on the right side of the page, you can see the Google lens icon.
- Click on that and then upload the photo and click search.
Within a few seconds, Google will provide you with different profiles that are connected to the photo that you have uploaded.
5. To find someone on Tinder again, try to use the Facebook Advanced Search feature.
To find someone you unmatched on Tinder, you can also use the advanced search filters on Facebook.
- All you need to do is go to Facebook.com on your laptop or download the app on your phone.
- Then on the top of the app or website, you will be able to see the search bar.
- You can write any information that you have from that unmatched profile on Tinder.
- After you click on the magnifying glass that is the search button, you will see that different filters such as Posts, People, Groups, and Photos appear.
If they are members of any Tinder groups on Facebook or use the same profile photo on Facebook as on Tinder, you will be able to find them.
Can you match again after unmatching on Tinder?
Yes, you can match again after unmatching on Tinder but this all depends on the method that you use to find that profile and match again with them.
Whether you can match with someone on Tinder depends on you and them too.
– If they aren’t using their old account and created a new one then it might be more difficult to rematch.
To match with an old match, both of you need to work towards this result.
If they have already deleted their account or now are using a different profile that doesn’t line up with their old one, probably you won’t match.
Because the Tinder algorithm now follows what matches up and if their profile is way different from you, you won’t be on their list.
– You can match with someone you unmatched on Tinder if they deleted their account and restarted the same as you.
If both of you deleted your accounts and set that the way it was, you will match up again with one another.
Both of your profiles will appear as top matches on your lists even though you might have unmatched one another with other accounts.
How do I know if someone unmatched me on Tinder or deleted their account?
Even if they delete their account on Tinder, you will be unmatched.
Thus, to know if someone unmatched you on Tinder but didn’t delete their account, you need to use third-party apps or just search them on Google.
If they just unmatched you but didn’t delete their account then you will be able to find their profile.
On the other hand, if they unmatch you but also delete their Tinder account, you won’t be able to find their profile.
In the end, when you have unmatched someone or if someone has unmatched you on Tinder, you will notice that the conversations have gone.
You won’t be able to find the conversations that you had with that particular person.
One last short paragraph!
To find someone on Tinder again, especially someone you unmatched won’t be an impossible mission if you use third-party apps and search engines.
Yet, the higher stakes to find someone you unmatched on Tinder and match with them again are when you make a new Tinder account.
That’s because when you delete an account and set the same filters, their account might appear faster and you’ll appear on their top potential matches.
Tinder does not let them know that you have unmatched them.
Thus if you find their profile and swipe right and they like yours back, you’ll be a match again.