Reverse image searching is a safety precaution that should absolutely be taken before meeting online strangers!
Searching for a Tinder user (or any other dating site) provides valuable information about that person—it’s rather easy to do as well.
“How can I possibly do reverse image search my match?”— good question!
But first, let me shed some light on how important reverse image searching is…
Reasons why reverse image searching is critical.
According to a BBC article that touches on the topic of online dating dangers, survey shows that around 33% of dating app users have encountered harassment/abuse by an online date.
There are many people who have not spoken up about it—the number is way higher, and some cases end horribly with a person’s life being taken.
Reverse image searching is really important: Dating apps are breeding grounds for catfishes, scammers, and other dangerous criminals alike.
Know if you’re being catfished as reverse image searching a dating app user’s pictures will also preclude physical, emotional, and financial harm.
I just can’t stress this enough—stay safe by taking all the necessary safety precautions!
We know why and how reverse image searching is important, so let’s learn about the ways we can reverse image search dating profiles.
1. Find a Tinder profile by reverse-searching it with SwindlerBuster.
If you’re looking for a quick, but successful way to find a Tinder user, then SwindlerBuster is all you need—and a name/phone number!
Fill in the boxes as per instructions and click the Search button.
If a Tinder user exists under that name or phone number, the SwindlerBuster tool will dig out their account.
2. Some search engines support reverse image searching: you can use Bing for this purpose!
To check a Tinder picture, you can use Bing in this way:
First, go to the main page of Bing; at the top, you will see a bar with different sections (Chat, Images, Videos, Shopping, Maps, and more).
Go to Images (this is where the reverse image searching is done) and click on the camera icon on the search bar.
- You can drag the selfie of the person, copy & paste the URL, or even take a picture in real-time.
After this, browse the results and see where that image appears (if you see it appearing in different sources, then that’s not good)!
Especially if there is one or numerous people using the pictures of the same person.
3. Use Google in a similar manner to reverse image search on Tinder.
The very popular search engine, Google, has an element that lets you search the web by images: Google Lens.
- To do this, you need to go to Google, and the option will be immediately shown to you.
- On the search bar, click the camera (the “search by image” option)—like Bing, you can choose to upload an image or paste its URL.
Google Lens is good at what it does: if the dating app you’re searching on indexes users’ images, you will see all the users who display the same images.
And if you’re simply a bit curious about finding the true identity of someone you met there, this works too!
4. Both dating profile reverse searching and image lookup are possible with SocialCatfish.
SocialCatfish is a site of many talents.
- There, you can check if someone is who they say they are; SocialCatfish confirms their identity by showing you demographic data and social media/dating accounts.
If your goal is to reverse-search a Tinder profile, for example, what you need to do is visit SocialCatfish, and pick your method of searching: Name; Email; Phone number; Username; Address, and; Image!
Yes! You can search dating apps using an image by clicking the Image option and uploading the picture.
Doesn’t matter where the image is being used—with its advanced technology, SocialCatfish will pull out all sources.
5. FaceCheck’s facial recognition technology makes for a suitable reverse image search tool!
FaceCheck is an online investigative search engine that lets people search using a face; it uses AI to detect faces!
Based on that, it will show you a person’s identity, their social media accounts, or all the places where the same (and similar) pictures are being shown.
This includes news and blogs, which can be used to detect criminals.
- If you’re interested in trying this out, go to FaceCheck, click on Browse, and press the Search button.
Carefully go through the results and see if you’re being catfished or lied to.
6. Reverse search an image from Tinder using PimEyes.
As far as reverse image lookup tools go, PimEyes is one of the best and the most practical.
It works pretty much the same: you upload the image you want more information about and click Search!
PimEyes gives you a precise report about your image, and you can even pick the thoroughness of your search.
- You can pick the “Safe Search” option which gives you surface-level knowledge, or “Deep Search” which delves deeper into that specific person.
Whether it is a cheater you’re trying to uncover or a catfish, PimEyes works wonders.
7. For a similarly effective experience, try TinEye!
TinEye is another popular tool in the “reverse-image-searching world”, and that’s because of how useful it is.
You already know how it goes:
- Pick an image, click on Search, and end of story—look through all of the pages to reach a conclusion.
If you want to catch a partner cheating on Tinder, or if you want to know the deal with your Tinder date, give TinEye a try.
8. You can give these additional reverse image search tools a shot to do a reverse image search on Tinder!
Online lookup tools will always be a reliable method of finding out more information about a person—everybody has a digital shadow.
As I’ve made clear until now, I’m sure you have your reasons for doing this; if your reasons are self-protection, then I am glad!
The “stranger danger” mindset applies to online strangers as well—and yeah online dating is popular now, but that doesn’t mean it’s all that safe.
Try to reverse image search an online stranger’s selfies using tools specifically designed for that. Here are some additional reverse image search tools:
– How to perform a Bumble image reverse search for your match?
I have good news and bad news.
The good news is that you can look an image up from Bumble using the same exact methods I mentioned above (the reverse-image tools)!
The bad news is that, unlike Tinder, Bumble doesn’t make information about its users available to search engines.
This means their profiles, which automatically include names, bios, images, etc.
- With investigative sites such as SocialCatfish, Spoeko, TruthFinder, etc.
Other than SocialCatfish in which you can search using an image, our best shot is searching a Bumble user by their phone number, email address, or name.
SocialCatfish, Spokeo, TruthFinder (and other similar sites) offer these options—feel free to pick another reliable service, though!
As long as it’s not a scam and it gets the job done.
If you know somebody’s name/email/number, write it down on these sites and have a go at it.
- Reverse-search a Bumble profile with BuzzHumble.
BuzzHumble is marketed to people who want to bust their cheating s.o., so if that’s not your goal, then maybe try a different method!
Otherwise, you can put down your partner’s name, gender, and city to find their Bumble profile.
– Reverse image searching on Hinge and OKCupid.
Unfortunately, the same goes for Hinge and OKC—both are very secretive dating sites and reverse image searching might work with only SocialCatfish.
Can I reverse image search from within Tinder?
No, it’s not possible to do that from Tinder itself! Instead, we have to use other means:
- Google’s or Bing’s image-lookup feature, or;
- Reverse image search tools such as TinEye.
Is reverse image searching free?
That depends on the service you’re picking and the depth of the results, but yes, you can reverse-search an image for free!
For example, on PimEyes, you get 10 free searches.
With other sites, such as TinEye and Duplichecker, your searches are free (depending on the service, it’s possible to pay for extra perks).
Looking someone up by their picture is a good idea.
Not to sound like a broken record, but if you’re given the opportunity, definitely reverse-search an online date’s pictures.
The possible dangers of online dating are not a pleasant thing to think about, but being cautious never hurts anybody.
There’s no such thing as being “too careful”, so keep these methods in mind for when you need them.