Hinge describes itself as “the dating app designed to be deleted”—interestingly, it aims to keep you there as little as possible.
The outstanding algorithm and love scientists over at Hinge make the platform a fan-favorite.
One catch, though: you can’t search for a Hinge profile inside the app.
They didn’t come up with this concept though, as most dating sites prevent users from finding fellow users!
But what if you want to find out a if specific person has a Hinge account? A match you accidentally skipped or a cheating partner? This is how you search for people on Hinge!
1. Google whatever you have at your disposal (e.g. names, last names, or addresses)!
Because dating apps are so secretive, we have to learn how to use the information we already know.
- First/last names;
- Email addresses;
- Workplace or school, etc.
Look them up on Google, or search engines specifically designed for this purpose!
For instance, if you want to find your partner on a dating app, you can enter his or her email address on third-party apps, which we’ll talk about in a bit.
Likewise, if you want to find a Hinge match’s socials, use their info (once again) on third-party apps, or look them up on social media platforms.
What I’m saying is that you need to be opportunistic!
2. Open a phony account that doesn’t use your real information.
Create a separate profile from your main one on Hinge—I recommend that it’s a fake one, especially if your goal is to catch a cheater.
- Download the Hinge app and make your account—you can sign up using your Facebook profile or a phone number.
Once that is done, polish your profile.
You need to choose 6 pictures so that the platform verifies you’re not a bot, and this is where the problem lies!
However, you can use edited pictures of yourself, ask for a friend’s permission to use their pictures (it has to be someone your partner has never met), or find random images of random strangers online.
Logically speaking, you’re better off using your friend’s pictures as Hinge has a live-photo verification procedure used to expose catfishes.
3. And when you’re describing your personality and picking your preferences, pick what that person likes.
One of Hinge’s most appealing factors is the freedom we get with preferences.
Coincidentally, this is what Hinge takes into account before matching two people: based on their compatibility.
- When the choice comes, describe your personality based on their preferences; however, when picking your preferences, describe them.
- Update your preference by going to Settings and Preferences.
If they’re, for example, a man of a specific height with certain political views who does not consume alcohol, fix the preferences accordingly.
As I mentioned, compatibility plays a big part in matches, so you’d have to fool the algorithm into believing you and the person you’re looking for are made for each other.
4. Check the Discover tab on Hinge—you can find your person there.
Hinge is similar to other dating sites in this aspect: it has a “Discover” tab in which suggestions are located.
It’s the little H icon at the bottom of your screen—after you’re done setting up your profile, click on it and scroll down your suggested matches list.
Once again, those people are being suggested to you based on your compatibility.
- Other than the “compatible” tab, also check the “active today” and “nearby” tab to improve the chances.
For an active Hinge profile, the “active today” section should work!
If you fix everything correctly (your personality, preferences, location, etc.), you should see the person you’re searching for.
5. Go to the Standouts tab!
The second icon at the bottom, the star icon, is a section in which the most popular Hinge users and users Hinge thinks you would like are.
This means people with whom you share a lot in common with, especially dealbreakers.
By now you can see why setting up the perfect fake profile and choosing the most adequate preferences is important.
- To find out a Hinge profile, check out the Standouts tab—if that person has a reputation on Hinge and/or if they are compatible with you, you’ll find them there.
6. Consider third-party services that search for people on Hinge (by name, email, or phone number).
You won’t need a Hinge account for this one!
This method is a bit pricier, but it will show you all of the dating profiles linked to someone’s identity!
- You can use sites like SocialCatfish to look up a person’s social media accounts as well as dating ones.
What you need to do is use their username, email address, or phone number and your report will come up.
If they have a Hinge account, you will find it.
- You can also try using reverse image search tools like PimEyes, but since Hinge is a very private app, it may not work.
Nonetheless, it’s worth trying if nothing else works!
7. The more, the better! Have your friends keep watch on the person you want to find out on Hinge!
And if you’ve reached a dead end with your search, worry not! There is one more thing you can try, but it requires asking others for help.
Tell your friends (or other trustworthy people) who you’re searching for on Hinge, and have them keep watch.
- If your friends use Hinge, ask them to keep an eye out and tell you whenever that person shows up on the Discover tab.
You can even ask them to change their preferences, or make a Hinge account for the search—this might be a bit too much, so retreat if they’re inconvenienced.
The more people you recruit for your mission, the bigger the chances of finding someone specific on Hinge become!
– Lost them on Hinge? Here’s how to find someone on Hinge again!
Finding a match you’ve X’d (accidentally or not) is a bit problematic because Hinge does not make it possible.
At least not for every match!
On the top-right corner of your screen, there is a black arrow that shows you the last match you have skipped.
As for older matches, you’re going to have to wait until you run out of fresh suggestions.
- Hinge only temporarily removes the people you have skipped because according to them, people’s minds often change—after you’ve gone through every suggestion, past suggestions will show up once again.
– How to find someone from Hinge on Instagram? Is it possible?
Yes, finding someone from Hinge on Instagram is possible!
You can find someone from Hinge on other social media platforms, like Instagram. Again, it’s time to use all the information you have:
It’s best you ask them for their Instagram before trying out any other methods.
Some people don’t feel comfortable sharing their socials with strangers, and for a good reason.
Just ask them if it’s okay for you to follow them on Instagram! This prevents you from looking like a stalker and you’ll learn their boundaries.
Be polite and talk to them about how you want to stay in touch with that person on other social media platforms.
Reverse image search their Hinge pictures.
Reverse image search their Hinge images and you’ll instantly find their Instagram account and other social media.
- This won’t work if your Hinge acquaintance doesn’t have an Instagram account or isn’t using their real identity online.
Search their info on Google.
If you know this person’s full name (or only their first/last name) or their school/workplace, then use that information.
Let’s say their name is Jane Doe: on Google, search Instagram.com Jane Doe.
Your search will be quicker the more information you have! You can even find them on Facebook by clicking on Filters and specifying that info.
Search them up on SocialCatfish.
Third-party, investigative sites work well to find dating profiles and social ones.
If you know their actual, full name, then use it on SocialCatfish—unless they don’t use Instagram at all, the report will include their account.
Check if they’ve provided an Instagram handle on their Hinge profile.
In case you haven’t checked yet, see if they’ve mentioned their Instagram handle anywhere on their Hingle profile.
Can you search for people on Hinge? This is the final judgment…
You can’t search for a Hinge user inside the Hinge app (no shock here), so you have to use different means.
Try creating a fake account, finding them on the Discover section, or seeking your friends’ help.
Just be aware of the fact that if the Hinge profile has been inactive for a while, Hinge may not show it at all.
Other than that, I’m convinced one of these strategies will allow you to find the Hinge profile you’re searching far and wide for!