Tinder is the most well-known dating app in the online dating world—The way it treats user privacy has something to do with it!
Yes, finding someone on Tinder gets difficult once you realize users can block specific phone numbers from their contact list.
But how can you tell that’s the case? And to kick things up a notch, how can you find someone on Tinder if they’ve blocked your phone number?
How to know if someone has blocked your phone number on Tinder?
Tinder doesn’t tell people their phone numbers have been blocked by a user, which means they have to figure it out by themselves.
It is a bit of a paradox because if we block someone’s number on Tinder, that person won’t be able to see our profile.
- You can tell you’ve been blocked only if you’ve seen their Tinder profile at one point but stopped being able to since.
If someone has blocked you on the platform, you won’t be able to stumble upon their profile for as long as you’re blocked.
As you can see, it’s really confusing if you’re trying to confirm someone uses Tinder because you won’t be able to tell if they’ve blocked your number, or simply don’t have an account.
The real question is “How can I find someone on Tinder if they’ve blocked my number?” I have the answer!
1. Sign up for Tinder with a different phone number.
Surprise, surprise—creating a Tinder account using a new phone number is one of the methods of finding someone who has blocked your number.
There are a few methods of attaining a new phone number:
- Purchasing one from a telecommunication company (e.g. Verizon, AT&T, T-mobile).
- Using Tinder account verification systems such as Tinderophone to purchase real phone numbers effortlessly.
Pick your method, go to Tinder, click on Create Account, put your new phone number, and verify it—and begin your search.
If you already know who you’re looking for, that’s great! You have an idea of where to look and how to set your profile up (picking the right preferences, distance, etc.).
If you’re trying to find out if someone has a Tinder profile, you should start by describing your ideal match based on that person in your Settings.
Set as close a distance as possible, describe their appearance as your perfect type, pick the same interests, and hope for the best!
Since you have a new phone number, you don’t have to worry about being blocked.
2. Use SwindlerBuster Tinder Profile Search!
It doesn’t matter if your phone number has been blocked because SwindlerBuster will find that user for you.
You have two search options: a) by name and b) by phone number.
- If you know their real name, visit SwindlerBuster’s page, choose the Name option, and fill out the Tinder user’s details.
- If you only have their phone number, choose the Phone option and fill out the box.
Note that if this person doesn’t have a Tinder account (or if they’re using a fake name or number), nothing will come up—but it’s unlikely.
3. Find a Tinder user’s profile with CheaterBuster!
CheaterBuster is another alternative for Tinder-searching and it works even if you’ve been blocked.
Go to CheaterBuster, and fill in the information regarding the person whose Tinder profile you want to find (first name, gender, and location).
You can also upload their picture for more accurate results without additional charges.
If the information you’ve provided is accurate and a Tinder user who matches it exists, their profile will show up.
4. Use your friend’s account to find someone who’s blocked you on Tinder.
If that person has gone out of their way to block you on Tinder, then they don’t want you to find out they use the app—this is what cheaters usually do.
However, there’s one thing you can do that they might not have predicted…using somebody else’s account!
- Ask one of your friends if it would be okay to use their account for your plan—you might have to change their preferences for a short while to match the person you’re looking for.
You may ask your sibling or any other person you really trust; if they accept, start swiping left and right until you find the person.
5. Perform a name/email/phone number search on third-party services.
With this method, you’re technically searching for Tinder users outside of Tinder so you’ll see their profile even if you don’t have an account.
- BeenVerified—these are examples of sites that allow you to find a person’s dating profiles by name, email, and phone number!
Services that find you others’ profiles, however, need to be paid for due to how difficult it is to obtain such personal information (the prices vary).
Once you have your pick, specify the type of search you’re conducting (e.g. on SocialCatfish, you can choose the Name, Email, Phone, etc., tabs).
Write down that person’s details and click on Search—you’ll see all of their dating profiles (Tinder, Bumble, Hinge, and more).
6. Search for their profile on Search Engines like Google or Bing!
There is one thing that makes searching for Tinder profiles easier, and that is the fact that the app indexes users’ profiles.
If you go to a search engine of your choice (like Google, Bing, Microsoft Edge, etc.) and type Tinder.com [first name], their profile will show up.
- Keep in mind that if there isn’t a user on Tinder who goes by that name or if they’re using a different one, this search won’t work.
You may choose to search using phone numbers and email addresses—if they’re public on their Tinder account, you’ll find their profiles.
7. Use reverse image searching!
This method has nothing to do with phone numbers, which is perfect if you’re worried about having your phone number blocked.
The whole indexing issue is what makes reverse image searching possible (searching the web with somebody’s photo to find its source).
You can do this with the help of search engines:
- Google Lens (the camera in the search bar);
- Bing Visual Search;
- Yandex Images (the camera icon again).
And specialized tools such as:
Reverse image-searching methods work! All you need to do is use the person’s image on the search engine/tool of your pick and find their Tinder profile.
FAQ about Tinder’s blocking system:
– How do I block someone from my contacts on Tinder?
Thankfully we can avoid meeting people we know on Tinder—imagine how awkward it would be seeing your relative there.
To block phone numbers on Tinder, go to your Tinder profile > Settings > Block Contacts > allow access > select the phone numbers > click Block Contacts.
– Will my contacts know I’ve blocked them on Tinder?
Imagine if they did…
But no, Tinder does not tell people they’ve been blocked, part of the reason is that it would be violating users’ privacy!
– What happens once I block someone on Tinder?
They won’t be able to view your profile, message you, or interact with you in any way, and the same goes for you.
Blocking someone’s phone number does not mean they have a Tinder account though, it just means that you’re eliminating the possibility of matching with them indefinitely.
If someone has blocked your phone number on Tinder, don’t sweat it!
There are methods to find them on the famous dating app Tinder, and you don’t even need a phone number for most of them.
But I don’t recommend trying them if you want to continue your conversation even though they made it obvious they don’t want to.
However, if you want to find your significant other’s dating profile, then carry on—we all understand!